AUBMC 2020 Vision
Since 1902, the American University of Beirut Medical Center has been the most trusted and respected healthcare provider in Lebanon and the region, handling more than 360,000 patient visits annually. AUB is building on its strong foundations in medical education and health care through the AUBMC 2020 Vision. In addition to improving facilities and capacity, the AUBMC 2020 Vision will establish centers of excellence that will provide new medical options for the treatment of illnesses endemic in the Arab world, and it will expand access to the quality of care that families in Lebanon have depended on for generations.
Launched in 2010, the AUBMC 2020 Vision is an ambitious and comprehensive initiative that affirms AUBMC’s position as the leading medical center and healthcare institution in the region. The AUBMC 2020 Vision is transforming medical education, research and practice, and most importantly, medical care in the region, bringing them to new levels of excellence. It consists of major new medical (clinical and academic) facilities, the establishment of clinical and research centers of excellence, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, recruitment of talented physicians and nurses, and regional and international partnerships.
Paths to our vision
- Providing patients with the highest standards of patient-centered care
- Recruitment of top-caliber, highly specialized, and accomplished faculty
- Academic innovation through the creation of clinical and research centers of excellence, and the provision of outstanding medical education
- Establishment of strategic partnerships and collaborations locally, regionally, and internationally
- Investing in and expanding our facilities to meet the needs of the people of Lebanon and the region
- Supporting the health of local and regional patients in need by ensuring their access to care
New buildings of the AUBMC 2020 Medical Complex
News about AUBMC 2020 Vision